CLEANING & MAINTENANCE CONDITIONS
We do our best to offer you products of the highest quality. After purchasing, it is your turn to make furniture last and serve you as long as possible. Thus the following tips for cleaning and maintenance are prepared.
Unique wood grain, knots and checking define our furniture. Every single piece is different – unique and unrepeatable. You won’t find two identical items within our offer. Uniqueness in wood graining can even cause differences in colour or structure of the same furniture model. While offering a product, we try to present the colour accurately. However, there might be differences between photos and real taint - this is mainly caused by the light used in photo shooting and screen settings.
Wooden furniture stands out with incredible durability and resistance to damages. The daily maintenance requires nothing more than usual efforts. Maintenance must be measured to the needs and the level of exploitation of furniture. To extend the useful life, maintain the original character and prevent the wood from discolouration, cracks or damages, you should follow the tips below.
What you should bear in mind while using wood furniture, tops, and doors?
- Daily maintenance should be performed with a soft and dry cloth.
- A damp - but not wet - soft cloth should serve to clean.
- It is essential to clean the surface before any conservation activities. Otherwise, we can make the dirt filter in the wood structure.
- Cleaning products must suit the wood type and finish of the furniture. The cleaner must be applied on a cloth and not the furniture surface. No matter the cleaning product, its effect needs to be checked on a small and hardly visible piece of wood – all these to be confident that the product would not damage the furniture.
- The following must be avoided: large amounts of water, strong cleaning products, universal cleaning products for wood, rough cloths or sponges.
- We must avoid the following: large amounts of water, strong cleaning products, universal cleaning products for wood, rough cloths or sponges.
- The ideal level of moisture in a room should range from 45 to 65%. Anything below may cause cracks, anything above – swelling and thus difficulty in doors and drawers usage.
- The optimal temperature range from 16-26 C.
- Any liquids spilt on the wood surface should be cleaned immediately.
- Heat fixings may cause damages to wood furniture if they are placed nearby. Floor heating – if it emits too high a temperature or is faulty – may also influence wood negatively.
- Hot dishes should not be placed on wood surfaces, as high temperatures may cause discolouration. Use coasters to avoid such damages.
- Direct exposure to sunlight may also cause discolouration. Furniture and wood tops impregnated with oil tend to darken, and the wood grain is getting more distinctive.
Furniture Cleaning & Maintenance Depending on Finish
Among the most popular wood finishes are oil, wax and varnish. Each requires care measured to their nature - with appropriate cleaning products.
Daily care for wood pieces impregnated with oil involves cleaning whipping with a dry and soft cloth. To refresh the impregnation, use a clean cloth soaked with the same oil. The preparation filters in the furniture layers, levelling minor stains and scratches that are part of the usual tear and wear. The process should be repeated as often as needed, depending on the level of exploitation.
However, you should remember that oiled wood will get darker over time, which is also caused by further layers of oil. That is why the surface should be sanded before oiling, as it opens wood pores and allows the oil to filter into the wood deeply.
Daily cleaning of waxed wood involves wiping the surface with a dry and soft cloth. Our movements should follow the wood grain. The wax stays on the wood surface and can disappear from the most exploited parts over time. For this reason, wax sometimes stains wood when reapplied.
Once in a while, we recommend wiping the surface of your furniture with a wax enriched milk cleanser. It is essential to choose cleaning products dedicated to waxed surfaces and to follow instructions from the producer.
The characteristic smell of wax may stay for up to five weeks. Regular ventilation of rooms shortens the drying process.
You should also avoid placing hot dishes on waxed wood surfaces. High temperatures can dissolve wax, which then causes discolouration. If this happens, repeat waxing to the damaged area.
Immediately clean any spilt liquids with a dry cloth.
Daily cleaning should include wiping the surface with a damp cloth – clean, warm water and ultimately delicate soap. In case of serious dirt, a cleaning product is dedicated to varnished furniture. This should be done with a soft cloth. The whole furniture surface should be polished after a few minutes.
Varnish creates a protective layer on the wood surface. We cannot allow for the layer of varnish to be completely worn in patches, as these places would be extremely sensitive to damages and environmental factors. Varnish is a durable repellent, the process of varnishing should be repeated once in a few years. In order to prepare the furniture for re-varnishing, the old layer should be removed and the wood carefully cleaned from the sanding dust. Please note that the final effect depends on the varnish type and the thickness of the varnish layer.
Faucets, Spouts & Shower Sets
The kitchen and bathroom faucets on our offer are of the highest quality. Please remember the following tips to extend their life.
- The ideal water system has got a central filter or any other net filter that precedes the faucet.
- Warm water and neutral pH soap (7.0) is sufficient for daily cleaning. Once cleaned, the faucet should be wiped dry.
- Avoid cleaning products or clothes of abrasive nature.
- Clean scale deposits immediately to avoid permanent marks.
Cast Iron Products
Cast iron is a durable material. Its carbon content makes the corrosion appear exclusively on the surface. That is why all cast iron products on our offer have a layer of wax for corrosion protection. Please note that the wax layer may disappear over time.
- Wax layer is only added to untreated products, as rusty spots may appear on them (especially when exposed to moisture). The rust does not go beyond the surface, and it can be cleaned off with a cloth.
- Cast iron products do not require any specific maintenance or cleaning activities. A daily cleaning routine should involve wiping with a soft cloth.
- Exposing raw cast iron products to moisture may result in surface corrosion.
- To avoid clothes soiling (e.g. in the case of cast iron hooks with wax layer), wipe the surface with a clean cotton cloth.
The highest quality and durability of our products is guaranteed by carefully selected steel used in production. The vast range of steel products includes, among others, furniture handles, door handles, sliding door hardware, furniture legs and furniture pieces. What should you remember to enjoy the perfect look and quality of the products?
- Our products are devoted to internal use only. Otherwise (e.g. exposing them to changing weather conditions) may result in corrosion, chiefly when the protective layer of the product is damaged.
- Steel products do not require any specific cleaning procedures - it is enough to wipe them with a clean cotton cloth.